Pages

Saturday 16 October 2010

The frog forest to my Athina





Dear all,
well... to begin, this was THE achievement of my life! I enjoyed every moment of this concept, creation and realization.... every figure I created and how things have evolved. My technique has been improved significantly and at the end I could say I became a meister hehehe... just because every little detail has been made with as must dedication as I could give to it.
The frogs forest and its trees and houses in the trees, the lake and the happy frogs coming up together to celebrate the birth of my little Athina, one year ago.
When I made this project I was already pregnant and I can say I was in the best good mood I've ever been, all my thoughts and heart were concentrated to my pregnancy and my baby inside me.
It gave me somehow inspiration that moved me forward to finish this project.
Firstly I wanted to choose a theme that could serve to both boy or girl and then it came to my mind that I could explore something going to the green colour, which above all means hope. This way I came to the idea to paint frogs. They are cute and happy. We can do a lot of things with them and mix up with other little forest animals.
Another point of my concept was that I didn't want something extremely boring, with light pink or light blue. I wanted something with live, colourful and at the same time not that much strong in colour. Therefore I tried to use pastel colours mixed with more strong ones, which could lately attract the attention of Athina. Well... target met ;-)
All figures were drawn in wood, cut with my scroll saw, painted and then fixed on the wall with hot glue.
About the textile developed to the room, I also draw everything, the figures, pillows and curtains as well as which textile should be used. And then I sent all drawings by fax to a good professional in the countryside of my state in Brazil, Pernambuco. She can do wonderful job, and quite quickly. All textile has been brought by my mother to Germany, during my pregnancy as well. When I saw it, I could hard believe in what my eyes were seeing, so much beautiful that my creation has become.
All this to wait for the arrival of our God's gift Athininha!
... and she keeps enjoying her room...
Many kisses and see you soon,
Andréa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...